15 May 2017

Korchnoi's Career 1946-1977, Cross References

I ended my previous post, Korchnoi's Career 1946-1977, New Events, with an action:-

The next step will be to merge that table [of 70 'new' events] into the 101 events classified as 'Already on TMER'. (*)

In preparation for the merge, I added the months given by Levy & O'Connell in 'Korchnoi's Chess Games' (L&O) to most of the 70 new events. I also added codes used by L&O to the 101 events classified as 'Already on TMER'. This allows me to cross-reference the different sources of data going into the 1946-1977 portion of the TMER. L&O also has nearly 50 pages of crosstables covering major events. These could be flagged in the TMER.

The TMER page is somewhat messy, but that should improve when I merge the two tables. Before I do that I need to look at a half-dozen events on the TMER which have no corresponding L&O codes.

(*) TMER = Viktor Korchnoi's Tournament, Match, and Exhibition Record (1946-2015).

No comments: