25 October 2011

Blue Ribbon Chess Books 2010

Time stands still for no one and a year after my post on Blue Ribbon Chess Books 2009, I'm ready to add the 2010 'Book of the Year' awards to my page on Award Winning Chess Books. Following up a comment to last year's post, I also added awards issued by Guardian News. The first such award was made in 2007 and, as the 2011 award will be the fifth, it looks to be a fixture in the world of chess book publishing.

In a curious case of symmetry (or is it nationalism?), Yasser Seirawan's 'Chess Duels' won both 2010 awards by American sources, while Jacob Aagaard's 'Attacking Manual' won both awards issued by British sources. Two of the awards for 2011 are already known -- three in fact, as there were two Cramer awards this year -- so I might start posting the next annual roundup when the last of the awards, ChessCafe's in February, is known.

No comments: