After last week's look at Federations in Arrears, I inventoried older posts that analyzed FIDE ratings. Two of my favorites were
- 2008-02-17: Ratings of Titled Players, Elsewhere on the Web (About.com, now on Archive.org); and
- 2009-01-15: Useless Stats/Qs about Ratings
Both posts looked at titled players and their ratings. Following this idea, I created the following tables from the January 2015 rating list.
The first column lists the title (where blank means untitled players). It is followed by the number of players with that title, then the maximum, minimum, and average rating across all players with the title. The top table counts men and women together; the bottom table counts women only. Here are a few more past posts that analyzed ratings:-
- 2004-02-21: FIDE Top-10 Players (1975-2004)
- 2008-06-08: Growth of the FIDE Rating System
- 2011-01-11: Players Missing from FIDE Ratings
- 2013-01-13: Countries with World Top-100 Players
- 2013-02-12: Other FIDE Titles
- 2013-05-14: The Youngest and the Oldest
- 2014-02-20: Federations Large and Small
Given time, I might redo one or two of these using the January 2015 list.